Monday 29 September 2014

Ignite Presentation Feedback

Grade: B

WWW:
- Very good overview
- Good use of reviews/quotes
- Fluent and articulate
- An interesting subject that was well researched
- Good knowledge about the subject
- Varied
- Challenging audience

EBI:
- The focus of the presentation wasn't completely clear
- Link to noun(?)/internet(?)
- Not much theory included

Self-evaluation:
I feel that I could have explained my main point and what I want to get across more clearly at the beginning: The Views and Values towards up-and-coming artists focusing on the program Later...with Jools Holland. However, I do think that my presentation was well received and I did get to explain my points as much I wanted to.

I do think that I needed to rehearse the presentation more as at times I felt out of breath from talking constantly. I also definitely needed to include more about theory and theorists.

Critical Investigation:
I think I could write about the public perception of up-and coming artists and the views and values towards them and how Later..with Jools Holland could have played a role in this as well as other music television programs. I also think I could research and write about the previous generation's music television programs and how the perception of UAC artists may or may not have changed since the time of these programs (The Later Show & The Old Grey Whistle Test). However, the programs of today will be the main focus of the investigation.

Linked Production:
My initial ideas for the production is showing a day in the life of an UAC artist. A basic explanation is that there will be 3 parts. The first part will show public's perception of the artist and these artists in general. The second part will show the real side of what these artists have to do to survive in the industry and in life. The 3rd part may or may not show the artist getting a chance to perform on jools holland ending with artist on stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment